- L. Northrop, P. Feiler, R. Gabriel, J. Goodenough, R. Linger, T. Longstaff, R. Kazman, M. Klein, D. Schmidt, K. Sullivan, and K. Wallnau, Ultra-Large-Scale Systems: The Software Challenge of the Future. Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 2006.
- L. Bass, P. Clements, R. Kazman, Software Architecture in Practice, 3rd ed., Addison-Wesley, 2012 (1st ed., 1998; 2nd ed., 2003).
- P. Clements, R. Kazman, M. Klein, Evaluating Software Architectures: Methods and Case Studies, Addison- Wesley, 2001.
Journal Articles (last 5 years)
H. Cervantes, P. Velasco-Elizondo, R. Kazman, “A Principled Way of Using Frameworks in Architectural Design”, IEEE Software, March/April 2013, 46-53.
A. Eden, E. Gasparis, J. Nicholson, R. Kazman, “Modeling and Visualizing Object-Oriented Programs with Codecharts”, Formal Methods in System Design, 2013, to appear.
R. Kazman, M. Gagliardi, W. Wood, “Scaling Up Software Architecture Analysis”, Journal of Systems and Software, 2012, 85, 1511–1519.
N. Nunes, L. Constantine, R. Kazman, “iUCP - Estimating interactive software projects with enhanced use-case points”, IEEE Software, 2011, 28:4, 64-73.
- D. Falessi, G. Cantone, R. Kazman, P. Kruchten, “Decision-making Techniques for Software Architecture Design: A Comparative Survey”, ACM Computing Surveys, 2011, 43:4.
- H-M Chen, R. Kazman, O. Perry, “From Software Architecture Analysis to Service Engineering: An Empirical Study of Enterprise SOA Implementation”, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, April-June 2010, 3:2, 145-160.
- J. Ryoo, P. Laplante, R. Kazman, “In Search of Architectural Patterns for Software Security”, IEEE Computer, June 2009.
- R. Kazman, H-M Chen, “The Metropolis Model: A New Logic for the Development of Crowdsourced Systems” Communications of the ACM, July 2009.
- S. Kim, H. In, J. Baik, R. Kazman, K. Han, “Escaping from Red Ocean with Value-Innovative Requirements”, IEEE Software, January/February 2008, 80-87.