Victor Wei Huang
- 2001 - PhD, Finance, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 1997 - MA, Economics, Georgia State University
- 1994 - Master in Development Management, Asian Institute of Management
- 1987 - BA, Economics, Nanjing University
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- International Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Market Microstructure
- Chinese Capital Markets
Wei Huang, Tao Zhu “Foreign Institutional Investors and Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets: Evidence of a Split-Share Structure Reform in China.” Journal of Corporate Finance, forthcoming.
Wei Huang, Qianqiu Liu, S. Ghon Rhee, Feng Wu “Extreme Downside Risk and Expected Stock Returns” Journal of Banking and Finance, 2012, 36 (5), 1492–1502.
Warren Bailey, Wei Huang, Zhishu Yang “Bank Loans with Chinese Characteristics: Inside Debt, Firm Quality, and Market Response” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2011, 46 (6), 1795 – 1830. (This paper was invited by Harvard Law School to its online Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation)
Wei Huang, Qian Qiu Liu, Ghon Rhee, Liang Zhang “Another Look at Idiosyncratic Risk and Expected Return” Journal of Investment Management, 2011, 9 (4), 1-26.
Wei Huang, Fu-xiu Jiang, Zhibiao Liu, Min Zhang “Agency Cost, Managerial Overconfidence, and Firm Expansion - Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies” Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 2011, 19 (3), 261-277.
Wei Huang, Ghon Rhee, Ning Tang “Preferenced Trading, Quote Competition, and Market Quality: Evidence from Decimalization on the NYSE” Financial Review, 2010, 45, 523-540.
Wei Huang, Qian Qiu Liu, Ghon Rhee, Liang Zhang “Return Reversals, Idiosyncratic Risk and Expected Return” Review of Financial Studies, 2010, 23 (1), 147-168.
Cheol Eun, Wei Huang, Sandy Lai “International Diversification with Large- and Small-cap Stocks” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2008, 43(2), 489–524. (Covered by Jack Hough in his article “Under the Radar-Looking for diversification? Go abroad, and think small” in April 2007 issue of Smart Money.
Wei Huang “Financial Integration and Pricing of the World Covariance risk: Large vs. Small-cap Stocks”, Journal of International Money and Finance, 2007, 26 (8), 1311-1337.
Cheol Eun, Wei Huang “Asset Pricing in China’s Domestic Stock Markets – Is There a Logic?” Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 2007, 15(5), 452-480.
Rajesh Chakarabarti, Wei Huang, Narayanan Jayaraman, Jinsoo Lee “Price and volume effects of changes in MSCI indices – nature and causes” Journal of Banking and Finance, 2005, 29 (5), 1237-1264.
- FIN 311 - Investments
- FIN 412 - Options and Other Derivatives
- FIN 634 - Investment Analysis and Management
- FIN 660 - Chinese Finance
- FIN 702 - Seminar in Investments
- 2010 - John and Sue Dean Professorship, Shidler College of Business
- 2007 - Faculty Fellow, Shidler College of Business
- 2006 - Dennis Ching Excellence in Teaching Award, Shidler College of Business
- 2006, 2009 - Faculty Research Award, Shidler College of Business
- 2003 - BSI Gamma Foundation Research Award