- Faculty Advisor, FMA
- MBA, The Wharton School, Finance Major, Lauder Institute Fellow, 1991
- MA, University of Pennsylvania, East Asian Studies and Japanese Language, 1991
- University of Tokyo, Research Fellow, Economics Department, 1989
- BA, University of Hawaii, Bachelors, Quantitative Methods and Business Economics, 1983
2000-2003 Morgan Stanley, Tokyo, Executive Director
- Developed and executed solutions for restructuring Japanese banks, finance companies and insurance companies – JPY300 billion+ in transactions completed.
- Headed Asian capital markets team -- generated annual profits of up to $35 million per year.
1998-2000 Merrill Lynch, Tokyo, Vice-President
- Managed team responsible for structuring and closing asset-backed debt financings.
- Advised major Japanese financial institutions such as Honda Finance and Aozora Bank on management and financing of their consumer, corporate and mortgage loan portfolios.
- Provided valuations and structuring to successfully execute AXA’s acquisition of Nichidan and Renault’s acquisition of Nissan Motors.
1996-1998 Moody's Investors Service, New York, Senior Credit Analyst
- Lead analyst on a variety of debt products backed by corporate bonds, consumer installment loans, equipment leases, and commercial real estate.
- Analyzed major finance companies throughout the U.S. and Japan using cash flow modeling, pro forma financial forecasting and stress testing techniques.
- Lectured at major conferences in Asian, Europe and the U.S. and published leading research on consumer credit, asset-backed finance, financial/credit modeling and real estate markets.
1991-1996 Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, New York, Vice-President
- Specialized in asset backed financings for fortune 500 US and Japanese corporations -- expanded business to over US$8 billion.
- Worked in the Capital Markets and Corporate Credit Groups.
1983-1986 Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu, Trader/Risk Manager, Head Office
- Managed retail and inter-bank foreign exchange for all 165 branches.
- Management Trainee handling letters of credit, documentary collections, CDs and a wide variety of the bank’s products and services.