Next Info Session: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 6pm at Shidler Campus Room D106. Free to attend! Register online today!
The Full-time Global MBA program at Shidler College of Business offers students a comprehensive foundation in business fundamentals with an Asia-Pacific focus. Students have access to internships, career development assistance and strong networking opportunities with fellow students, alumni, and the business community at large. The Full-time Global MBA program features a first-year cohort experience designed to help students learn the inner-workings of group dynamics crucial for the leaders of today's organizations. Throughout the program, students meet their personal and professional goals while preparing them for leadership in today's global business environment.
The Full-time Global MBA program offers a wider array of choices in the Asia-Pacific region with internships and study abroad opportunities in a variety of countries. Students will be able to pick country-specific tracks and those interested in experiencing a robust international education can take a semester of classes at one of our partner schools and work at a professional internship in a growing number of Asian countries such as China, Japan and Vietnam. Students will also be able to take advantage of the excellent Japanese or Chinese language courses offered at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa.
The Shidler College of Business is the only AACSB accredited institution in Hawai`i that offers MBA programs. Students graduate feeling confident that their degree will satisfy the expectations of a wide range of quality standards relating to strategic management of resources, interactions of faculty and students in the educational process and achievement of learning goals in degree programs.
- Consistently ranked in the top MBA programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Strategic focus on the Asia-Pacific region
- Convenient day-time scheduling options
- Annual UH Business Plan Competition with cash prizes
- Variety of internship opportunities
- Entrepreneurship-focused workshops and bootcamp hosted by the College's Pacific Center for Entrepreneurship & E-business
- Multicultural student body and diverse population
Learning Goals for the MBA
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the functional areas of business (best business practice)
- Communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations
- Understand and apply management skills to the Asia-Pacific business environment
- Identify and analyze complex ethical and legal issues
- Demonstrate understanding of the impacts of technology on business