- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Shidler College Faculty Fellow
- Faculty Advisor for the American Marketing Association
- Ph.D. Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- M.S. Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- B.S. Marketing, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
• Social power and unethical behavior
• Donation and volunteering behavior
• Cross-cultural research
Miao Hu, Pingping Qiu, Fang Wan, and Tyler Stillman (2018), "Love or Hate, Depends on Who’s Saying it: How Legitimacy of Brand Rejection Alters Brand Preferences," Journal of Business Research.
Yi He, Miao Hu, Qimei Chen, Dana L. Alden, and Wei He (2017), "No Man is an Island: The Effect of Social Presence on Negative Word of Mouth Intention," Customer Needs and Solutions.
Linlin Zhu, Yi He, Qimei Chen, and Miao Hu (2017), " It's the Thought that Counts: The Effects of Construal Level Priming and Donation Proximity on Consumer Response to Donation Framing," Journal of Business Research.
Miao Hu, Derek D. Rucker, and Adam D. Galinsky (2016), "From the Immoral to the Incorruptible: How Prescriptive Expectations Turn the Powerful into Paragons of Virtue," Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin (June).
Derek D. Rucker, Miao Hu, and Adam D. Galinsky (2014), “The Experience versus The Expectations of Power: A Recipe for Altering The Effects of Power on Behavior,” Journal of Consumer Research (August), 381-396.
Awards & Honors
Shirley M. Lee Research Award, Shidler College of Business, 2017-2018
Dennis Ching Teaching Award, Shidler College of Business, 2016-2017
Professor of the Semester Award (Undergraduate Electives), Shidler College of Business, Fall 2016
AMA National Top 25 Chapters Award (role of faculty advisor), 2016; 2017