- Professor of Marketing
- PhD, Psychology, University of Stirling, Scotland, 1979
- BA, Psychology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon , 1974
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- International Public Opinion Surveys
Tsuchiya, T., & Synodinos, N. E. (2015). Searching for alternatives: Comparisons between two sample selection methods in Japan. International Journal of Public Opinion Research, 27(3), 383–405.
Synodinos, N. E., & Yamada, S. (2013). Japanese public opinion surveys: 20-year trends. Behaviormetrika, 40(2), 101–127.
Synodinos, N. E., & Kobayashi, K. (2008). Marketing research in Japan: From its emergence to the present. International Journal of Market Research, 50(1), 121–152.
Synodinos, N. E. (2003). The “art” of questionnaire construction: Some important considerations for manufacturing studies. Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 14(3), 221–237.
Synodinos, N. E. (2001). Understanding Japanese consumers: Some important underlying factors. Japanese Psychological Research, 43(4), 235–248. (Invited Paper)
Synodinos, N. E. & Yamada S. (2000), “Response rate trends in Japanese surveys,” International Journal of Public Opinion Research, 12(1), 48-72.
Synodinos, N. E., Papacostas, C. S., & Okimoto, G. M. (1994), “Computer-administered versus paper-and-pencil surveys and the effect of sample selection,” Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, & Computers, 26(4), 395-401.
Yamada, S., & Synodinos, N. E. (1994), “Public opinion surveys in Japan,” International Journal of Public Opinion Research, 6(2), 118-138.
Synodinos, N. E. (1990), “Environmental attitudes and knowledge: A comparison of marketing and business students with other groups,” Journal of Business Research, 20(2), 161-170.
Synodinos, N. E., Keown, C. F., & Jacobs, L. W. (1989), “Transnational advertising practices: A survey of leading brand advertisers in fifteen countries,” Journal of Advertising Research, 29(2), 43-50.
Synodinos, N. E. (1988), “Review and appraisal of subliminal perception within the context of Signal Detection Theory,” Psychology & Marketing, 5(4), 317-336.
Synodinos, N. E., & Brennan, J. M. (1988), “Computer interactive interviewing in survey research,” Psychology & Marketing, 5(2), 117-137.
Synodinos, N. E. (1986), “Hindsight distortion: "I knew-it-all along and I was sure about it," Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 16(2), 107-117.
Synodinos, N. E., & Papacostas, C. S. (1985), “Driving habits and behaviour patterns of University students,” International Review of Applied Psychology, 34(2), 241-258.
Synodinos, N. E. (1976), “Selective impairment by nitrogen narcosis of performance on a digit-copying and a mental task,” Ergonomics, 19(1), 69-80.
- 1995-present Professor, Department of Marketing, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawaii
- July-December 1998 - Visiting Researcher, Institute of Comparative Culture, Sophia University, Tokyo
- 1989-1995 - Associate Professor, Department of Marketing, College of Business Administration, University of Hawaii
- 1984-1989 - Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing, College of Business Administration, University of Hawaii
- 1983-1984 - Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Department of Marketing, University of Hawaii
- 1982-1983 - Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Hawaii
- 1981-1982 - Instructor of Psychology, Maui Community College
- 1980-1981 - Senior Staff Psychologist, Center for Nuclear Studies, Memphis State University
- 1980-1981 - Lecturer, University of Hawaii
- 1979-1980 - Project Director, Survey and Marketing Services (SMS) Research, Honolulu