The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) provides an unique and highly interactive environment for researchers to exchange perspectives and ideas in various areas of information, computer, and system sciences. With its leaders (Chairs, Track Chairs, Minitrack Chairs, Chairs of symposia, workshops and tutorials), and in particular more than 5,000 authors and reviewers, HICSS is one of the largest active scientific communities in the MIS, CIS, IT-related and system sciences disciplines. This year, HICSS receives over eleven-hundred papers and approximately 50% were accepted and will be presented at HICSS-49 to be held at Grand Hyatt Kauai, Hawaii on January 5-8, 2016.
* A Distinguished Lecture on business applications of a neuroheadset that provides brain–computer interface by Geoffrey Mackellar from Emotiv Inc., and
* A Keynote Address on the role of venture capital in nurturing disruptive technologies by Gilman Louie from Alsop-Louie Partners.
Symposia, Workshops, and Tutorials (SWTs) will take place on the first day of the conference (January 4). SWTs will be followed by 3-day paper presentations in 10 research tracks:
* Collaboration Systems and Technologies
* Decision Analytics, Mobile Services, and Service Science
* Digital and Social Media
* Electric Energy Systems
* Electronic Government
* Information Technology in Healthcare
* Internet and the Digital Economy
* Knowledge Innovation and Entrepreneurial Systems
* Organizational Systems and Technology
* Software Technology
Click here to register
* Early registration fee ($675) ends on October 1, 2015 HST 11:59PM
* Regular Registration Rate: $750 (October 2 - December 1, 2015)
* Late Registration Rate: $850 (December 2 - Onsite)
* Active Full-time Student will receive 20% discount. (Note that you are required to upload a letter from your school or advisor stating that you are an active full-time student to the registration system during the registration process.)
* After you have completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email, with a link to reserve accommodation at the conference hotel with HICSS rates.
* If you are finding a person to share hotel accommodation, you may find HICSS-49 Room Sharing Online Forum helpful.
* Enterprise is the official car rental partner for the conference. As a conference participant, you'll receive significant discounts. Click here to rent a car from Enterprise
* If you only need a ride between the hotel and the airport, you may arrange transportation from and to airport through SpeediShuttle