- Professor of Accounting
- Director of the School of Accountancy
- Donald A. Corbin Distinguished Professor in Accounting
- Ph.D., Accounting, Oklahoma State University, 1992
- Financial and International Accounting
“Does International Accounting Standard No. 27 Improve Investment Efficiency?” with Audrey Wen-hsin Hsu and Boochun Jung, Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Volume 30, Issue 4, October 2015, pages 484-508.
“The Impact of IAS No. 27 on the Market's Ability to Anticipate Future Earnings,” with Audrey Wen-hsin Hsu, Contemporary Accounting Research, Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 789–813, Summer 2015.
- “The Association between Firm Characteristics and CFO’s Opinions on the Fair Value Option for Non-Financial Assets,” with Boochun Jung, Eric Wen, and Shirley Daniel, Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting 29 (2013), pp. 255-266.
- "Economic Reasons for Reporting Property, Plant, and Equipment at Fair Market Value by Foreign Cross-listed Firms in the U.S.” with Khin Phyo Hlaing, Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Volume 27, No. 4, October 2012, pp. 557-576.
- “The Impact of Culture and Country Level Infrastructure on Corporate Governance Practices: Theory and Empirical Evidence,” with Shirley Daniel and Joshua Cieslewicz, Management International Review, Volume 52, No. 3, 2012, pp. 365-394.
- “Management Accounting Information systems: A Case of a Developing Country – Vietnam”, with Michele Pomberg, Shirley Daniel and Marinilka Kimbro, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Volume 19, Issue 1, May 2012, pp. 100-114.
- “Effect of Cultural Environment and Accounting Regulation on Earnings Management: A Multiple Year-country Analysis,” with Liming Guan, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Volume 17, No. 2, August 2010, pp 99-127.
- Member of American Accounting Association
- Member of European Accounting Association