- Professor of Accounting
- New York University, New York, NY – LL.M. (in taxation), 2005
- University of Denver - Denver, CO - LL.M. (in taxation), 1987
- Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN - J.D./ M.B.A., 1984
- Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH - A.B. (policy studies), 1980
- International Tax (pubs include the Journal of the American Taxation Association, Journal of Accounting Education, CCH Journal of Asian Pacific Taxation, and Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law).
- Securities Law (pubs include The North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Law and Stanford Journal of Law Business & Finance).
- Tax Audits and Penalties (pubs include Taxes and Taxation for Accountants).
- Compliance with law or professional/ ethical standards (pubs include books, Internal Auditing, Government Finance Review, Accounting Horizons, and Changes).
Weirich, T., Pearson, T., Churyk, N. (2017 - summer). Accounting and Auditing Research: Tools and Strategies - 9th ed. Wiley.
Rossing, C. P., Pearson, T., Nesimi, A. (2016). Strategic Control of Transfer Pricing. International Transfer Pricing Journal, 223-231.
Plesner Rossing, C. and T. Pearson (2014). Transfer Pricing Knowledge Management Systems. International Transfer Pricing Journal, 21(4), 264-74.
Thomas R. Weirich, Thomas C. Pearson, and Natalie Tatiana Churyk (2013). Accounting & Auditing Research: Tools and Strategies (8th ed). John Wiley & Sons.
Thomas R. Weirich, Natalie Tatiana Churyk, and Thomas C. Pearson (2012). Accounting and Auditing Database Desk Reference (2012). John Wiley & Sons.
Natalie Tatiana Churyk, Thomas C. Pearson, and Thomas R. Weirich (2011). Mastering the Codification and e-IFRS: A Case Approach (2011). John Wiley & Sons.
Daniel, S., Cieslewicz, J., and T. Pearson (2011). State Regulation's Significant Impact on Corporate Governance Practices and Earnings Management. Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Pearson, T. (2010). Enron's Banks Escape Liability: Reconsidering the Accounting Profession’s Opposition to Private Party Litigation to Prevent Third-Parties from Assisting in Fraud. Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting.
Awards & Honors
- Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants (HSCPA) Achievement in Accounting Education Award 2008
- George A. Katz Memorial Award for academic excellence in securities law 2005
- Beta Alpha Psi Teaching Award (5 times)
- Shidler MAcc Profesor of the Semester
- CBA Teaching Excellence
- Dennis Ching Teaching Excellence
- Mortar Board
- University of Hawai‘i Board of Regents Medal for Excellence in Teaching (1994)
Academic Work Experience
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa since 1989
- Director (Acting Director), School of Accountancy (two years)
- National Taiwan University, Taiwan, Visiting Professor (two semesters)
- University of Wyoming, 1984-1988
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- Adjunct Professor of Law (one semester)
- Assistant Professor of Business Administration (one year)
Professional Work Experience
- Hospital Corporation of America (human resources, M&A, and legal departments)
Journal Editorial Board Member
- Graduate Editor, NYU Journal of International Law and Politics, 2004-2005
- Book Review Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, 1983-1984
Professional Affiliations and Industry Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant (Wyoming certificate 1986, currently inactive)
- Licensed Lawyer (Colorado 1986, currently inactive)
- American Taxation Association and American Accounting Association
- Financial Executives International
- Hawaii Society of CPAs
- International Fiscal Association
- Various other professional organizations