- Currently enrolled as a Shidler undergraduate student
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Application form with accompanying documents and estimated expense report
- Shidler International Business Organization (IBO) active member (or active membership upon return)
- Attend a mandatory photo shoot in formal business attire and pre-departure briefing
- Maintain a blog site while abroad; posting experiences/observations every other week
- Take 3 business courses while abroad; earning a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- At the end of the semester, submit a final expense report and a narrative report of your study abroad experience
- Upon return, share study abroad experiences:
- as a mentor to students interested in studying abroad
- by assisting at the IBO Passport Fair
- provide a presentation for the donor and future scholars
How to Apply for Travel Scholarships
Complete Student Scholarship Application Form
Please access the application thru the appropriate link above for the semester(s) that you plan on studying abroad. Be sure to fill in all necessary information and print-out and sign before submitting the application form.
Incomplete applications will be ineligible for further review. A complete application packet includes Parts 1 through 5.
Complete Preliminary Travel Expenses Sheet
Complete Preliminary Courses FormShidler's partner schools' course equivalencies lists or for non-partner schools, students should consult with the Study Abroad office or MIX office for more information.
Candidates should provide a current résumé, which includes involvement in student clubs, community service, internships and work experience.
In consultation with their academic advisor, candidates must provide a copy of their academic plan reflecting progress towards graduation, proposed courses they plan to take at their host university, and their projected graduation semester.
Submit BOTH an Electronic and Hard Copy of the Application and Related Documents as follows:
- Hard Copy: Application materials and related documents must be submitted to:
c/o Rikki Mitsunaga
Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
2404 Maile Way, B-101
Honolulu, HI 96822
- Electronic Copy: Send an electronic version of the application, travel expense sheet and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.