- 60 credits of college-level work (junior standing)
- Minimum cumulative Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 in all course grades (Combined UH Mānoa + Transfer GPA from all other institutions attended) and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 at UH Mānoa (if courses have been attempted at UH Mānoa). If a student has earned 30 credits at UH Mānoa with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher, then the transfer GPA will not be used to determine admission. If courses are repeated, then ALL Non-UH Mānoa grades will be factored into the cumulative GPA calculation. Starting Fall 2012, UH Mānoa Grade Replacement policy will be in effect for any repeated UH Mānoa courses.
- Computer Competency: Minimum grade of "C" in
- LTEC 112 "Technologies for Academic Success" AND LTEC 113 "Technologies for Academic Success in Business Education"; or
- ICS 101: "Tools for the Information World"
- ICS 101(B): "Tools for the Information Age", which was last offered in Fall 2015, will be accepted in place of ICS 101 or LTEC 112 and 113.
- Completion of pre-business core courses with a minimum combined GPA of 2.50 with no grade below "C" ("C-" grade will not be accepted). Courses in the pre-business core may be repeated only if the grade earned is below "C-" or below. If courses are repeated, then ALL Non-UH Mānoa grades will be factored into the pre-business GPA calculation. Starting Fall 2012, UH Mānoa Grade Replacement policy will be in effect for any repeated UH Mānoa courses.
Pre-Business Core Courses
- English Composition (ENG 100/190/ELI 100, or ENG 200)
- Speech (COMG 151 or 251) formerly Sp 151 or 251
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (ACC 201)*
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting (ACC 202)*
- Calculus (BUS 250 or MATH 203, 215, 241, or 251, or NREM 203
- Introduction to Micro Economics (ECON 130)
- Introduction to Macro Economics (ECON 131)
See the University of Hawaii at Mānoa Catalog for course descriptions and prerequisites.
*Effective Fall 2019, the course number and topic ordering of the 200-level Accounting courses will change:
- A new course, ACC 200 (Introduction to Accounting I), will be offered;
- ACC 200 will be the prerequisite for ACC 201 (Introduction to Accounting II).
- ACC 202 will no longer be offered at Manoa after Summer 2019 and will no longer be eligible for grade replacement policy;
- Students applying to the Shidler College of Business for Spring 2020 or later will be expected to have completed ACC 200 and ACC 201.
In Fall 2019, only ACC 200 will be offered; beginning in Spring 2020, both ACC 200 and ACC 201 will be offered.
- If you complete ACC 201 in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 at Manoa, you may then take ACC 200 in Fall 2019 at Manoa.
- If a passing grade is not earned in ACC 201 in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 at Manoa, then you will enroll in ACC 200 in Fall 2019 at Manoa, and repeat ACC 201 in Spring 2020 at Manoa.
It is highly recommended that both ACC courses be completed at the same campus. Should students choose not to do this, they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the School of Accountancy (SOA). For example,
- Student attempts ACC 201 at LCC; ACC 202 should also be attempted at LCC;
- Student attempts ACC 200 at Manoa; student attempts ACC 201 at KCC. Equivalency is not guaranteed. Final grades in both courses will be among the factors used to evaluate equivalency by SOA, and recommendations will be made for that student.
This change is applicable to students who have not yet attempted ACC 201, who are currently enrolled in ACC 201, or might have to repeat any of the ACC courses, as of Spring 2019.
If you have already successfully completed ACC 201 and ACC 202 with a "C" grade or higher, this change is not applicable to you.
- All Shidler College of Business admission requirements must be completed the semester before you plan on entering the College. Students planning on fall admission must fulfill ALL admission criteria by the end of spring semester. Summer courses must be taken at UH Manoa and must be taken during session one-no exceptions will be made.
- Students with Incomplete grades cannot be admitted to the Shidler College of Business. All incompletes must be fulfilled prior to admission.
- Pre-requisite courses attempted at schools outside the University of Hawai‘i system may require a Petition for Course Equivalency.
- If three (3) or more business courses outside of the pre-business core courses have been attempted, a minimum combined grade-point average of 2.5 is required. (ex. BLAW 200, Bus-310, BUS 311,etc.)
- To earn a BBA degree from UH Mānoa, you must complete (a) the residency requirement of 30 credit hours at UH Mānoa and (b) a minimum of eight courses (24 credit hours) in upper division business courses at UH Mānoa, which must include a minimum of three courses (9 credit hours) in your major, after admission to the Shidler College of Business.
- The prerequisite to BUS 315 is PSY 100 or SOC 100. Taking either course to satisfy the social sciences requirement is highly encouraged.
- Students who have already completed a bachelor's degree in business from UH Mānoa or any other institution will be denied admission to Shidler College of Business.