- Professor Emeritus of International Business Economics
- PhD, University of Chicago, 1972
- MA, University of Chicago, 1963
- BA, University of Chicago, 1961
- Pacific/Asian International Business and Environment
- Marine Environment & Natural Resources
- International Economic Issues
Resources & environment in Asia’s marine sector. Taylor & Francis. 1992.
Asian Pacific marine resources (editor): special issue of Marine Resource Economics. 1986.
“North Pacific fisheries environment: international issues. ” Contemporary Economic Policy. 1997.
“Keynes and the supply of gold: a statistical test. ” Eastern Economic Journal. 1983.
“Jacob Vanderlint and the roots of supply side economics. ” Eastern Economic Journal. 1986.
Marine Resource Economics (editor): special issue of GeoJournal. 1988.
“Financing mechanisms and partnership development in the Straits of Malacca. ” Towards sustainable management of the Straits of Malacca. 2000.
“A model of deepsea mining. ” The Law of the Sea in the 1980s. 1983.
“Key economic issues in Pacific Basin marine resources: oil, natural gas, marine minerals, and fisheries. The Pacific Challenge in International Business. 1987.
Awards & Honors
- 2000 - College of Business, University of Hawaii. Excellence in teaching
- 1995 - United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization Conference on the Sustainable Contribution of Fisheries to Food Security. U. S. team member. Kyoto
- 1994-1996 - Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership. Tokyo. Social Science Research Council. New York. Shintaro Abe Fellow
- 1994-1996 - Center for River Basin Environmental Studies. Gifu University, Japan. First Distinguished Guest Research Professor of Global Environmentology
- 1994 - Manoa Writing Program for Writing-Intensive Courses. University of Hawaii. Distinguished Service Award
- 1990 - College of Business, University of Hawaii. Excellence in teaching
- 1990 - Manoa Writing Program. University of Hawaii. Excellence in teaching writing intensive courses
- 1989 - College of Business, 1989. Professor of the Year. Honorable mention.
- 1968-1969 - Brookings Institution. Baker Weeks Fellow
- Beta Gamma Sigma.
- Undergraduate: BUS (international economics); International Macro & Monetary Economics; UH Study Abroad program at the Free University in Berlin, Germany; FIN (international finance); Course on Asian finance.
- Graduate, MBA and EMBA: Managerial Economics, International Finance, Managerial Finance, External Environment of Business.