- Assistant Professor of Finance and Real Estate
- Faculty Advisor for the Real Estate Finance Track
- Ph.D. in Real Estate and Finance, The Pennsylvania State University, 2022
- B.A. in Finance, Renmin University of China, 2015
Real Estate Finance and Economics
Chen, Yifan, Sean Wilkoff, and Jiro Yoshida. "Amazon is coming to town: Sequential Information Revelation in the Housing Market." Real Estate Economics, forthcoming.
Chen, Yifan, Jianhua Gang, Zongxin Qian, and Jinfan Zhang. "Rationality Test in the Housing Market: Project‐level Evidence from China." Journal of Regional Science 63, no. 3 (2023): 583-616.
Chen, Yifan, Jim H. Shen and Da Zhao. "Mortgage payments and household consumption in urban China." Economic Modelling, 93 (2020): 100-111.
Awards & Honors
- Summer Research Grant, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2023
- Trepp CRE Future Leader Award, 2022
- Smeal Strong Doctoral Award, The Pennsylvania State University, 2022
- Smeal Small Research Grant for Ph.D. student, The Pennsylvania State University, 2019-2020
- Summer Economics Fellowship, American Economic Association, 2019
- Real Estate Research Institute Research Travel Grant, 2018
- Valedictorian, Renmin University of China, 2015
- Study Abroad Scholarship to UC Berkeley, Renmin University of China, 2013