- Professor of Accounting
- Shidler College Distinguished Professor
- Hawaii Accounting Research Conference (HARC) Co-Chair
- Hawaii Accounting Research Doctoral Institute (HARDI) Co-Chair
- PhD, Accounting, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2007
- MBA, College of Business Administration, Seoul National University, Korea, 2001
- BBA, College of Business Administration, Seoul National University, Korea, 1999
- Financial Reporting Issues Related to Labor Economics
- Stock Analysts
- International Accounting
“Income smoothing through R&D management and earnings informativeness,” with Bok Baik, Katherine Gunny and Duri Park, The Accounting Review (2022), 97(3): 25-49.
“Organized labor and inventory holdings,” with Sophia Hamm, Woo-Jong Lee, and Daniel G. Yang, The Accounting Review (2022), 97(2): 241-266.
“Labor Unions and Earnings Smoothing” with Sophia Hamm, and Woo-Jong Lee, Contemporary Accounting Research (2018), Volume 35(3), pages 1201-1228, Fall 2018.
“Financial Reporting Quality and Labor Investment Efficiency” with Woo-Jong Lee and Dave Weber, Contemporary Accounting Research (2014). Volume 31(4), pages 1047-1076, Winter 2014.
“Do Financial Analysts’ Long-term Growth Forecasts Matter? Evidence from Stock Recommendations and Career Outcomes” with Phil Shane and Sunny Yang, Journal of Accounting and Economics (2012), Volume 51, Issues 1-2, pages 55-76.
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Winner of the Lazaridis Institute Prize at Canadian Academic Accounting Association - Honorable Mention: David Godsell, Boochun Jung, and Devan Mescall, "Real Effects of Investor Relations."
- Special Issue of Asia–Pacific Journal of Financial Studies on Corporate Culture, Media, and Politics in Finance, Research award
- Editorial Board Member at Korean Accounting Review, 2017 - 2018
- Shirley Lee Faculty Research Award, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, 2015
- Shidler Distinguished Professorship: 2018 - Present