- Professor of Accounting, CMA, CFM
- Director of Center for Chinese Studies, University of Hawai‘i
- PhD, Accounting, Columbia University, 1985
- MPh, Accounting, Columbia University, 1983
- MBA, Finance, University of California at Berkeley, 1979
- BA, Economics, National Taiwan University, 1977
- ACC 200/201 Introduction to Accounting
Financial Accounting and Reporting, International Accounting, and Sustainability Accounting
“The Effect of Director Busyness on Corporate Governance: An Examination of the Value of Cash Holdings," (2020), with Youngbin Kim and Ying Guo, Journal of Finance and Accountancy, Vol. 26, pp. 1-18.
Does the 2010 SEC Climate Change Disclosure Guidance Change Firms’ Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting?," (2017) with Ying Guo, International Journal of Business, Volume 22, No. 1, pp. 25-42.
"Sustainability Accounting Reporting: A Survey on 30 U.S. Dow-Jones Companies,"(2014), with Ying Guo, International Journal of Accounting and Taxation, Volume 2, No. 3, pp. 1-15.
"Factors Affecting the Adoption of IFRS," (2012) with Kim Shima, International Journal of Business, Volume 17, No. 3, pp. 276-298.
"Earnings Management and Long-Run Stock Underperformance of Private Placements," (2011), With Daoping He and Liming Guan, Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Vol. 15, Number 1, pp. 31-58.
Awards & Honors
- University of Hawaii Regents’ Medal for Excellence in Teaching
- Dennis Ching Teaching Award
- Shidler MAcc Professor of the Semester
- Beta Alpha Psi (Delta Theta Chapter) Outstanding Professor Award
- CBA Teaching Excellence Award
- Member of American Accounting Association
- Member of Institute of Management Accountants
Additional Professional References: