- Professor of Accounting
- Lloyd Fujie/Deloitte Foundation Distinguished Professor
- PhD, Syracuse University
- MS, Peking University
- BS, Peking University
- BUS 624 Accounting for Decision-Making
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
"Time Encoding in Languages and Investment Efficiency” (2021), with Jaehyeon Kim and Yongtae Kim. Forthcoming, Management Science.
“Does Audit Committee Accounting Expertise Help to Promote Audit Quality? Evidence from Auditor Reporting of Internal Control Weaknesses” (2019) with Ling Lei Lisic, Linda A. Myers and Timothy Seidel. Contemporary Accounting Research 36 (4): 2521-2553.
“The Monitoring Effectiveness of Co-opted Audit Committees” (2018), with Cory Cassell, Linda A. Myers, and Roy Schmardebeck. Contemporary Accounting Research 35 (4): 1732-1765.
“Do Banks Price Independent Directors’ Attention?” (2018), with Henry He Huang, Gerald Lobo, and Chong Wang, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 53 (4): 1755-1780.
“Languages and Earnings Management” (2017), with Jaehyeon Kim and Yongtae Kim, Journal of Accounting and Economics 63 (2-3): 288-306.
Awards & Honors
- Academic Year 2020-2021 University-wide Excellence in Teaching Award Nomination from Shidler College of Business
- 2019 Shirley M. Lee Research Award, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
- 2019 Journal of Accounting and Economics PlumX Metrics – Top Social Media Articles (Top 3)
- 2019 Journal of Accounting and Public Policy Top Downloaded Paper
- 2018 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Marquis Who’s Who
- 2017 Shirley M. Lee Research Award, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa