- Shidler College Distinguished Professor of Accounting
- PhD (in Accounting), University of Kansas, 2002-2006
Accounting Information System (AIS) events, such as (IT investments, IT outsourcing, IT controls, IT governance, security, XBRL, etc) on financial measures in short and long-term value creation and pre and post- realized value.
Haislip, J., Lim, J.H., and Pinsker, R. The Impact of Executives’ IT Expertise on Reported Data Security Breaches. (forthcoming, 2020) Information Systems Research.
Kim, J.W., Lim, J.H., and Yoon, K.H. Shareholder Wealth Effects of Audit Data Analytics Announcements. (forthcoming, 2020) Accounting Horizon.
Kim, J.B., Kim, J.W. and Lim, J.H. Does Mandatory XBRL Adoption Constrain Managerial Opportunism in Financial Reporting? Evidence from Mandated U.S. Filers. Contemporary Accounting Research (2019), 36 (4): 2610-2634.
Jeong, C., Lee, S.Y., and Lim, J.H. Information Security Breaches and IT Security Investments: Impacts on Competitors. Information and Management (2019), 56 (5): 681-695.
Yen, J.C., Lim, J.H., Wang, T., and Hsu, C. The Impact of Audit Firms’ Characteristics on Audit Fees Following Information Security Breaches. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy (2018), 37 (6): 489-507.
Awards & Honors
- (The Best Paper Award) Information Security Breaches and Stock Return Synchronicity. The 2019 Midyear Meeting, San Antonio, TX, January 10-12, 2019.
- (The Best Paper Award) The Impact of Service Provider Switches on XBRL Quality. The Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS) - IT/IS Governance Track, 2016.
- Distinguished Teacher Award (UW's Highest Teaching Recognition at the University-level), University of Waterloo, 2016.
- Outstanding Research Fellowship Award, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo, 2015-2018, 2012-2015, 2009-2010.
- Editor, Journal of Information Systems (JIS), Jan. 2020–Current.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Information Systems (JIS), March 2012– Dec. 2019.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems (IJAIS), Jan. 2014–Current.
Additional Professional Reference