- Shidler College Distinguished Professor of Accounting
- PhD (in Accounting), University of Kansas, 2002-2006
Accounting Information System (AIS) events, such as (IT investments, IT controls, IT governance, security, XBRL, etc) on financial measures in short and long-term value creation and pre and post- realized value.
- Haislip, J., Lim, J.H., and Pinsker, R. The Impact of Executives’ IT Expertise on Reported Data Security Breaches. Information Systems Research (2021), 32 (2): 318-334.
- Kim, J.W., Lim, J.H., and Yoon, K.H. Shareholder Wealth Effects of Audit Data Analytics Announcements. Accounting Horizon (2020), 34 (4): 125–142.
- Kim, J.B., Kim, J.W. and Lim, J.H. Does Mandatory XBRL Adoption Constrain Managerial Opportunism in Financial Reporting? Evidence from Mandated U.S. Filers. Contemporary Accounting Research (2019), 36 (4): 2610-2634.
- Jeong, C., Lee, S.Y., and Lim, J.H. Information Security Breaches and IT Security Investments: Impacts on Competitors. Information and Management (2019), 56 (5): 681-695.
- Yen, J.C., Lim, J.H., Wang, T., and Hsu, C. The Impact of Audit Firms’ Characteristics on Audit Fees Following Information Security Breaches. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy (2018), 37 (6): 489-507.
Awards & Honors
- (The Best Paper Award) Information Security Breaches and Stock Return Synchronicity. The 2019 Midyear Meeting, San Antonio, TX, January 10-12, 2019.
- (The Best Paper Award) The Impact of Service Provider Switches on XBRL Quality. The Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS) - IT/IS Governance Track, 2016.
- Distinguished Teacher Award (UW's Highest Teaching Recognition at the University-level), University of Waterloo, 2016.
- Outstanding Research Fellowship Award, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo, 2015-2018, 2012-2015, 2009-2010.