|Program||Interviews||Official Program Kick-off with Residence Weekend Retreat|
|HCM City||Scheduled once application is complete||Oct. 11, 2019|
|Hanoi||Scheduled once application is complete||Oct. 18, 2019|
- Bachelor's degree (Must have completed a 4 year degree from an accredited or recognized university)
- TOEFL iBT Score of 61 or IELTS Score of 5.5
At least TOEFL iBT 61 or IELTS 5.5 for the program entry. Test scores must not be older than two years from the test date. The TOEFL/IELTS is waived for native English speakers and may be waived for undergraduates who have received a bachelor's degree within the last five years or an advanced degree from an accredited/recognized college from an English speaking institution. Any admitted student who does not earn above a TOEFL iBT 100 or IELTS equivalent of 7.0, will be required to take two English courses offered in the MBA for Executives in Vietnam by the University of Hawaiʻi’s English Language Institute (ELI).
- Minimum five years of post-baccalaureate, full time work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
All MBA applicants must submit two letters of recommendation by using the letter of recommendation form. The letters may be written by the applicant's current employer or by one of the applicant's previous professors. The letters should be written on company/university letterhead and sent in sealed envelopes. Only printed hard copies will be accepted by mail or drop-off. Letters of Recommendation may NOT be submitted electronically or via email.
- Application fee of US $100
- Personal interview and essay
Step 1: Application
Please fill out and submit the Graduate Admisssion Application Form to begin the process. Below are some tips when filling out the application.
- Help to expedite the application process email unofficial transcript(s), test scores, and the additional documents listed in Step 2. (This is Not Mandatory)
- Official transcript(s), test scores, and documents listed in Step 2 that were not emailed should be mailed/emailed to our offices in Vietnam or Hawaiʻi.
- To submit your application, you may pay using the credit card authorization form at the end of the application or make arrangements to pay by cash at the MBA for Executives in Vietnam offices in Hanoi or HCMC.
- Print a copy of your application after you submit it for your records.
Please contact our Admissions Team if you have any questions about the application process.
Step 2: Submit Supporting Documents & Application Fee
Official Degree Certificate(s) and Transcripts
A) Degrees from Vietnamese institutions or other non-English speaking institutions:
- 1 notarized copy of the native language degree certificate(s) and transcript(s). Please note that transcripts of each year or stage are required.
- 1 notarized copy of the English translation of the degree certificate(s) and transcript(s)
B) Degrees from English speaking institutions:
- Official transcript(s) must be sent directly from the issuing institution(s) to Vietnam Admission Offices
- 1 copy of your TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Most applicants whose native language is not English are required to take either the TOEFL or the IELTS. A Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 61 (paper/computer/internet) or IELTS of 5.5 must be met to be eligible for admission to the program. Test scores cannot be more than two years old. TOEIC is not acceptable. TOEFL/IELTS official result should be submitted to Vietnam Admission Offices except for TOEFL iBT, which should be sent directly to the Admission Office in Hawaiʻi. Its Educational Testing Service (ETS) code is B187. The official score must be received by the application deadline above.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Application fee of US$100 (Non-refundable)
Step 3: Attend an Interview and Submit an Essay
After receiving your complete application, we will invite you to our office in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City for a personal interview. At this time, we will also ask that you complete a short essay.
Unless otherwise specified, all supporting documents and application fee should be submitted to Admission Offices in Vietnam:
Ho Chi Minh City
Mr. Phan Ngoc Thanh
Director of Operations, Marketing & Recruitment
Shidler College of Business
University of Hawaiʻi
2nd Floor, 234 Pasteur St.,
District 3, HCM City, Vietnam
Tel: +84 (28) 3933 3033
Mobile: +84 (0) 918 515 031