Who, What, Where, When, Why & How
WHO should join this program?
- HIPSS is designed for freshmen pre-business students and the Direct Admit Program (DAP), who obtain their business degree from Shidler College.
WHAT is HIPSS & WHAT will I learn?
- HIPSS is an exciting new and free program offered at the Shidler College that is designed to give students an integrated path – one that equips them with humanities and social sciences skills – on their journey to their business degree. Participating in this type of multidisciplinary program will set students apart when they graduate and start their careers.
- You will be a part of a cohort and exposed to a variety of topics that will equip you to relate to and understand your classmates, fellow citizens, and future colleagues. These include developing strong communication, leadership, and decision-making skills; assessing changes in technology, risk assessment, and finding opportunities; learning to think through a societal lens and familiarizing yourself with the laws that apply to business topics.
WHERE is the program?
- This is an in-person program held within the Shidler College (Room G201).
WHEN is the program?
- HIPSS begins in the fall 2022 semester.
- The four pre-business classes are held on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 1-5 p.m.
WHY should I join HIPSS?
Learn from committed faculty
- The required four courses are those you would take anyway to fulfill pre-business requirements. Our faculty are committed to offering engaging lessons using enjoyable teaching methods such as integrated games, simulations and case studies.
Develop life-long friendships
- You will enjoy learning in a small cohort of no more than 40 other students.
- The HIPSS program makes it easy for you to register for the pre-requisite courses required for your business degree without the stress of planning your schedule.
The HIPSS cohort will be working out from a classroom dedicated to the program. The best part is that the faculty come to you!
Set yourself up for future success
- Once completing the HIPSS program, you will receive a detailed course/module transcript proving that you are apart from other graduates because you will possess the qualities employers are seeking. Start your career off with a strong foundation and the confidence to succeed in an ever-changing world.
HOW do I apply?
- It’s simple! Just fill out this short application by May 15.
- You will be notified via email by May 20 of the status of your acceptance.
- Formal offer letters will be sent out by May 23.