Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
Where business, technology, and data analytics meet.
The MSIS program provides advanced managerial and technical skills to meet the demand for information technology (IT) professionals across business sectors and around the globe. The digital economy relies on IT professionals to guide corporate technology investments, manage and protect information assets, and harvest big data. This requires professionals who are innovative, agile, and responsive to change and who have the knowledge and skills to incorporate IT innovations into business practices. The MSIS program is designed to equip graduates with the skills needed to be successful in this rapidly growing business environment.
Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) Admission Requirements
- Completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (preferably in a business management field with an emphasis on information systems)
- Competency in STEM related fields such as information systems, computer science, or statistics
- Work experience in the IT industry preferred
- GMAT or GRE score (recommended but not required)*
- TOEFL or IELTS score (international applicants only)
- Applicants with a non-information systems related undergraduate degree may be considered for the program but may be required to take additional foundational courses
Program cost for the MSIS is $887/credit*. Most students should expect to take 30 credits in order to complete the program but depending on individual student preparation, some students may be required to take additional courses.
Contact Marc Endrigat, admissions director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 956-2911.
MSIS Core (12 credits)*
- ITM 682 Enterprise Data and Information Management
- ITM 685 Digitally-Enabled Business Processes
- ITM 684 Enterprise System Architecture and Management
- ITM 433 Advanced Security
MSIS Electives (12 credits)*
- ITM 680 Project Management
- ITM 683 Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- ITM 688 Management of Health Information Technology
- ITM 660 Special Topics in ITM
MSIS Capstone (6 credits)*
- ITM 696 Capstone Project with Industry Partner
For more information about the MSIS program, contact Randy Minas, MSIS program faculty director at email@example.com.
* Subject to change