Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
Where business, technology, and data analytics meet.
The MSIS program provides advanced managerial and technical skills to meet the demand for information technology (IT) professionals across business sectors and around the globe. The digital economy relies on IT professionals to guide corporate technology investments, manage and protect information assets, and harvest big data. This requires professionals who are innovative, agile, and responsive to change and who have the knowledge and skills to incorporate IT innovations into business practices. The MSIS program is designed to equip graduates with the skills needed to be successful in this rapidly growing business environment.
The MSIS program at the Shidler College of Business is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) designated for its focus on quantitative analysis skills. The STEM designation speaks to students, employers, and the public about the rigorous nature of our program. It is particularly important to international students who hold F-1 as it offers them the opportunity to extend their Optimal Practical Training (OPT) by 24 months, for up to three full years of U.S. work eligibility without an H-1B visa.
Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) Admission Requirements
- Completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 (preferably in a business management field with an emphasis on information systems)
- Competency in STEM related fields such as information systems, computer science, or statistics
- Work experience in the IT industry preferred
- GMAT or GRE score (recommended but not required)*
- TOEFL or IELTS score (international applicants only)
- Applicants with a non-information systems related undergraduate degree may be considered for the program but may be required to take additional foundational courses
Program cost for the MSIS is $887/credit*. Most students should expect to take 30 credits in order to complete the program but depending on individual student preparation, some students may be required to take additional courses.
Contact Marc Endrigat, admissions director at email@example.com or (808) 956-2911.
MSIS Courses (24 credits)*
- BUS 619 Data Analytics and Statistics
- BUS 625 Digital Transformation with IT
- ITM 433 Advanced Security*
- ITM 680 Project Management
- ITM 682 Enterprise Data and Information Management
- ITM 684 Enterprise System Architecture and Management
- ITM 683 Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- ITM 685 Digitally-Enabled Business Processes
MSIS Capstone (6 credits)*
- ITM 696 Capstone Project with Industry Partner
For more information about the MSIS program, contact Dr. Sal Aurigemma , MSIS program faculty director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Subject to change