- Currently enrolled as a Shidler Undergraduate student (including both BBA and BS/TIM students)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Application form with accompanying documents and estimated expense report
- Shidler International Business Organization (IBO) active member (or active membership upon return)
- Attend a mandatory photo shoot in formal business attire and pre-departure briefing
- Maintain a blog site while abroad; posting experiences/observations every other week
- Take 3 business courses while abroad (TIM students are required 3 TIM courses); earning a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA abroad
- At the end of the semester, submit a final expense report and a narrative report of your study abroad experience
- Upon return, share study abroad experiences:
- as a mentor to students interested in studying abroad
- by assisting at the IBO Passport Fair
- provide a presentation for the donor and future scholars
Spring 2023 application deadlines:
- Priority deadline: October 1, 2022; applications received by this deadline will be reviewed first;
- Final deadline: November 1, 2022; applications received by this deadline will be reviewed after priority applications;
- Late applications: will be accepted until December 31, 2022, but are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
How to Apply for Travel Scholarships
Complete Student Scholarship Application Form
Please access the application thru the appropriate link above for the semester(s) that you plan on studying abroad. Be sure to fill in all necessary information and print-out and sign before submitting your electronic application form.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. A complete application packet includes Parts 1 through 5.
Complete Preliminary Travel Expenses Sheet
Complete Preliminary Courses FormShidler's partner schools' course equivalencies.
*For BBA students, if the courses are approved on the Shidler partner school equivalency website, an advisor signature is not required at the time of submission; only the student signature required.
TIM Partner Schools, please refer to TIM Partner Schools and course equivalencies.
Candidates should provide a current résumé, which includes involvement in student clubs, community service, internships and work experience.
In consultation with their academic advisor (if needed), candidates must provide a copy of their academic plan (from Fall 2022 to graduation) reflecting progress towards graduation, proposed courses they plan to take at their host university, and their projected graduation semester. Your plan can be created in a Word Doc or Excel, but please submit the final copy as a PDF.
Submit an Electronic Copy of your complete Application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.