The University of Hawai‘i (UH) and the Shidler College of Business welcome your company or institution to consider participating in the 39th annual Asian Field Study for the summer of 2023.
What is the Asian Field Study?
How do companies and institutions participate in AFS?
- Companies from across Asia participate in the AFS by hosting our students for a short (60 to 90 minute) visit.
- A typical visit includes a company introduction from management, Q&A session or panel discussion with students and a short company tour, if applicable.
- For content, discussions could include details on the company’s history, products and services, market and industry trends, economic factors, manufacturing or service methods, corporate strategy, global trade, human resource issues and/or business practices in Asia.
- Our group size is 20 to 25 students and we bring our own translator to meetings.
What are the potential benefits to participate in AFS?
- Positive Public Relations. In hosting our visit, companies are helping to promote international relations, global education and the development of Asia-Pacific trade. The company is welcome to take pictures of the visit and use them for websites, news articles and/or annual report material. Also, if desired, we can publish pictures and news of our visit on our UH Shidler College of Business website.
- Establish Business Relationships. The AFS group is made up of executive MBAs working in a wide variety of industries. As appropriate, the host company is welcome to develop relationships with our group, which could lead to future business opportunities.
- Consulting Services. If your company is interested, our MBAs can conduct industry or market research on your behalf and provide a free consulting report. If you are looking at opportunities in new ventures, global trade, M&A, capital raising or simply would like research on market trends, we would be happy to help.
- Pitch Business. If host companies are interested in pitching new business ideas or ventures, we provide an audience of business professionals with experience in a wide range of industries that can ask questions to refine the venture concept and better understand global investors and markets.
2023 AFS Tentative Schedule:
About the University of Hawai‘i and the Shidler College of Business