- Associate Professor of Management
- Family Business Center of Hawai’i Distinguished Professorship
- PhD, University of British Columbia
- MBA, Simon Fraser University
- BASc, Simon Fraser University
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Theory & Behavior
- Life Course Research
- Quantitative Methodology & Dynamic Models
Houshmand, M., Seidel, M-D. L., & Ma, D. G. (Forthcoming) Engaging the Next Generation through Work--Adolescence and Beyond. In A. Calabrò (Ed), “Research Agenda for Family Business. A Way Ahead for the Field” at Edward Elgar.
Michael-Tsabari N, Houshmand M, Strike V. & Efrat Treister D (2020), When You Work with Your Own Family: Examining the Work-Family Interface in Family Businesses. Family Business Review.
Houshmand, M., Seidel, M-D. L., & Ma, D. G. (2017). The Impact of Adolescent Work in Family Business on Child–Parent Relationships and Psychological Well-Being. Family Business Review, 30(3), 242-261.
Houshmand, M., Seidel, M-D L. & Ma, D. (2014). Beneficial 'Child Labor': The Impact of Adolescent Work on Future Professional Outcomes. Research in the Sociology of Work, Volume 25 (191-220).