- Assistant Professor of Management
- Ph.D., Management, University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., Economics and Political Science, Swarthmore College
Wonbin Sohn is an Assistant Professor of Management at the Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Wonbin earned his Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science from Swarthmore College, and his Ph.D. in Management from Texas McCombs School of Business. He has conducted research across various industries--including information technology, grocery retail, aviation transportation, and finance.
Prior to pursuing his career in academia, Wonbin was an Air Force officer (1st Lieutenant), working on multilateral defense readiness projects in the Indo-Pacific. His assignments include the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Air Force Operations Command (Osan AB) in the Republic of Korea, as well as Eielson Air Force Base in the United States.
- Team cognition and interaction processes
- Business communication
- Virtual work and technology
- Kim, Y. J., Lam, C. F., Oh, J., & Sohn, W. 2023. Employee constructive voice: An integrative review and a dyadic approach. Journal of Management, 49(1), 430–473.
- Martins, L. L., & Sohn, W. 2022. How does diversity affect team cognition processes? Understanding the cognitive pathways underlying the diversity dividend in teams. Academy of Management Annals, 16(1), 134–178.
- Burris, E. R., & Sohn, W. 2021. Creating a culture of voice. Behavioral Science and Policy, 7(1), 57–68.
- Bernstein, E., Blunden, H., Brodsky, A., Sohn, W., & Waber, B. 2020. The implications of working without an office. Harvard Business Review, Digital Big Idea Feature.
Awards & Honors
- Graduate Continuing Fellowship, University of Texas at Austin, 2020/2021
- William W. and Ruth F. Cooper Endowment, University of Texas at Austin, 2019
- New McCombs Fellowship, University of Texas at Austin, 2018
- Phi Beta Kappa, Swarthmore College, 2013