- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Ph.D., Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- M.S., Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- M.S., Psychology, Sub-Plan: Cognition & Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Michigan
- B.S., Biopsychology, Cognition & Neuroscience and French, University of Michigan
Theoretical: Social Motives, Social Perception
Substantive: Resource Scarcity, Luxury Consumption, Social Hierarchy, Gift Giving
Roux, Caroline, Christopher Cannon, and Kelly Goldsmith (forthcoming), “How Resource Scarcity Shapes Consumer Behavior: Implications from the COVID-19 Pandemic,” Precision Retailing, ed. Nathan Yang, Maxime Cohen, Laurette Dubé, and Bassem Monla, University of Toronto Press.
Goldsmith, Kelly, Caroline Roux, and Christopher Cannon (2021), “Understanding the Relationship Between Resource Scarcity and Object Attachment,” Current Opinion in Psychology, 39, 26-30.
Cannon, Christopher and Derek D. Rucker (2020), “The Communal Consumer: Longitudinal Evidence for the Distinction Between Nurturing and Affiliative Motives,” Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, 5(3), 345-355.
Rucker, Derek D., and Christopher Cannon (2019), “Identity and Compensatory Consumption,” in Handbook of Research on Identity Theory in Marketing, ed. Americus Reed II and Mark Forehand, Edward Elgar Publishing, 186–98.
Cannon, Christopher and Derek D. Rucker (2019), “The Dark Side of Luxury: Social Costs of Luxury Consumption,” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 45(5), 767–79.
Cannon, Christopher, Kelly Goldsmith, and Caroline Roux (2019), “A Self-Regulatory Model of Resource Scarcity,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 29(1), 104–27.
- Republished in "Consumer Psychology for a Pandemic: Insights into Finances, Scarcity, and Wellbeing," 2020 Virtual Special Issue of Journal of Consumer Psychology.
Awards & Honors
AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2019
Graduate Student Poster Award Runner-up, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 2019
Conference Travel Grant, Northwestern University, 2016 & 2018
Graduate Travel Award, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 2016
Graduate Fellowship, Northwestern University, 2014–2019
Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant, University of Michigan, 2013
Phi Beta Kappa, University of Michigan, 2013