Lee-Ann Choy, BBA '88
In her leadership role as president of the board, Lee-Ann Choy serves as a catalyst and connector between the TIM School students, faculty, alumni and the visitor industry. She looks for opportunities to cross-promote, utilize talents, connect generations and foster relationships.
She also lectures at the TIM School, teaching Event Management & Marketing. Her class has been responsible for designing and coordinating the Na Kukui Netlinks networking event. Having been a member of the TIM Alumni Association board for more than 20 years, Choy coordinated the first Celebrate a Legacy in Tourism gala, which honored Dean Chuck Gee upon his retirement, and the building of the Gee Technology Center.
Choy says she feels blessed to have attended the TIM School at a time when Hawai‘i was growing to the destination it is today.
"My most memorable experiences include the diverse student population, inspirational faculty, abundant job opportunities, traveling to the National Restaurant Association Show and the bonds created at TIM Night galas," she said.
Glenn Vergara, BBA ’84
In his leadership role as vice president of the board, Glenn Vergara serves as a catalyst and connector between the TIM School students, faculty, alumni and the visitor industry. He looks for opportunities to cross-promote, utilize talents, connect generations and foster relationships.
Vergara is the vice president and general manager of Waikiki Resort Hotel and he has spent the past 30 years in the hospitality management industry. He has worked at numerous hotels throughout the state over his career and he is active in community and hospitality industry affairs.
Vergara’s commitment to the future generation of leaders is demonstrated by years of strong support of the TIM School’s internship and scholarship programs. He also serves as a mentor with Generational Mentoring, a program sponsored by HLTA. This program includes a dozen senior executives in the hospitality industry who volunteer their time by providing mentorship to college students majoring in TIM who aspire to be future leaders in the hospitality industry.
Holden Lim, BBA ’89
In his leadership role as secretary for the TIM Alumni Association board, Holden Lim conducts official correspondences, keeps records, issues meeting notices to members and performs other duties as assigned by the board of directors or the president.
Lim has spent 33 years in the hospitality industry working in operations, hotel consulting and real estate investment banking. Lim is currently the President of Hospitality Link International, Inc., a real estate investment banking firm with a focus on the hospitality industry. His firm assists clients to buy and sell hotels and resorts, and to raise debt and equity for hotels and resorts.
During Lim’s time at the TIM School, he fondly remembers the great education he received, the great rapport amongst TIM students, as well as the many networking opportunities with hospitality industry executives. Lim was Executive Director for TIM Night in 1989 “The Legend of Camelot” and was named Outstanding Senior in Hotel & Restaurant Management at Business Night in 1989. As a TIM alumni, Lim enjoys participating in student events that TIMAA assists in organizing and is a mentor in the TIM Mentorship Program.
Lois Sismar, BBA ’72
In her role as treasurer, Lois Sismar works to keep financial statements and maintain licenses and permits with various government agencies. She participates in all the TIM Alumni Association meetings and provides regular updates and reports on the financial matters of the TIMAA.
"It is a privilege to be on the board so that I can be connected with the school and the travel industry," she said.
Sismar's fondest memories as a student in the TIM School include the "Roaring Twenties" TIM Night and attending the National Restaurant Show in Chicago, which was chaperoned by Dean Chuck Gee.
2021-2022 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Kekai Edayan, BS ’18, MHRM ’19, Human Resources Manager, Mauna Kea Resorts
- Dave Erdman, BA '79, President/CEO, PacRim Marketing Group, Inc.
- Dave Evans, BBA '79, MS '06, Chair & Professor – Hospitality & Tourism Education, Kapiolani Community College
- Te'o Fleming, BBA '98, Director of Residences, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Audrey Higuchi, BBA '79, Retired
- Ren Hirose, BBA '85, Retired
- Todd Iida, BS '98, General Manager, Business Development, Hawaii Stevedores, Inc.
- Kathy Inkinen, BBA '67, Advisor, Inkinen & Associates Clinton Inouye, BBA '80, Retired
- Clinton Inouye, BBA '80, Retired, Freelance Photographer
- Kevin Iwamoto, BBA ’77, Chief Strategy Officer, Bizly
- Nicole Kilantang, BS '03, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei
- Valerie King, BBA '74, General Manager, Sea Life Park
- David Kong, BBA '74, Principal, DEI Advisors
- Derek Lin, BS ’17, Information Technology Business Analyst, Best Western Hotels and Resorts
- Kristie Lo, BS '01, Director of Human Resources, Koa Pancake House
- Tim Marsden, BBA ’76, Retired
- Jared Matsuki, BS ’19, Hotel Operations Management Trainee, Prince Waikiki
- Clyde Min, BBA '71, Hotel Consultant
- Alan Okimoto, BBA '80, Energy Analyst, Hawaii State Energy Office, State of Hawaii
- Nicole Okuna, MS ’08, Hotel Manager, The Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Glenn Perry, BBA '70, Realtor Associate, Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Joseph Pluta, BBA '74, Principal Broker, Joseph D. Pluta Realty LLC
- Joseph Toy, MS ’00, President & CEO, Hospitality Advisors, LLC
- Anthony Wong, BBA '83, Director, Creative Eateries
- Robert Zheng, MPS '96, Executive Vice President, Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo Inc.