Eta Sigma Delta (ESD) is an international hospitality honor society that recognizes the academic excellence of students pursuing a degree in hospitality, tourism and culinary arts. ESD members consist of students who have completed at least 50% of the credit hours for graduation, are of at least sophomore standing, have obtained a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, and are within the top 20 percentile of their class.
ESD focuses on a commitment to service. Student members work with groups including Ronald McDonald House Charities, Hawai’i Food Bank, and Na Ala Hele, organizing community service projects. ESD members pay a one time membership fee and host fundraisers to help subsidize costs of events for their members.
- Deadline to submit application: August 27, 2021
- $50 Fee to participate ($35 to parent chapter, $15 for UH Manoa chapter)
- Membership requirements:
- Must complete at least 50% of credit hours for graduation
- Sophomore class standing
- 3.0 higher cumulative GPA
- Top 20% of your class
- ESD Members will receive a cord, pin, and certificate from the parent chapter.
Past ESD Events:
- Bucca Di Beppo Social
- Macaroni Grill Fundraiser
- Ike Kuoka Project
- Whale Counting
Connect with ESD
- Email: EtaSigmaDeltaManoa@gmail.com