Follow the steps below to help with planning your inbound exchange class schedule and registration (please be sure to talk with the MIX inbound advisor as well):
- IMPORTANT: If you have not taken TIM 101 or an equivalent course yet? Register for TIM 101! This is a required class for all upper-division (UD) (300 or 400-level) TIM classes!
- Complete the TIM override request form to request a seat in an UD TIM class. (A hawaii.edu account is required to complete the request form)
- Overrides are required due to all UD TIM classes being "major restricted"
- All UD TIM classes require TIM 101 and/or additional prerequisites (or an equivalent at your home institution). Refer to the catalog for required prerequisites.
- A TIM advisor will review your home institution transcript (which is uploaded through the override request form) to determine if you meet course equivalencies for UD TIM class registration.
- Inbound exchange students will register for their classes through STAR GPS Registration during their assigned registration times.
- Inbound exchange students are welcome to meet with a TIM advisor for advisement on TIM classes and/or support services (e.g., student clubs, etc.) while attending UH Manoa.
- Held the Thursday before the first day of fall and spring semesters, inbound exchange students are welcome to attend to learn more about the TIM School. Registration information will be sent closer to the orientation date.
The above information is for accepted inbound exchange students only. Prospective international exchange students interested in studying at UH Manoa should reach out to UH Mānoa International Exchange to learn more and apply. National student exchange students can also follow the steps outlined above to request enrollment in TIM classes.