John C. Crotts
John C. Crotts
- Professor of Travel Industry Management
- Director of the School of Travel Industry Management
- William R. Johnson Distinguished Faculty of Travel Industry Management
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Honolulu, HI 96822
United States of America
Dr. Crotts joins the Shidler College of Business as the Director and Professor of the School of Travel Industry Management. Recently he served as a professor and the founding Director then Chair of the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management in the School of Business at the College of Charleston located in Charleston, South Carolina. Prior to this he served as a Senior Lecturer in the Advanced Business Programme on tourism subjects at Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand, and was the Director of the Center for Tourism Research and Development at the University of Florida. His research encompasses the areas of consumer behavior and sales and negotiation strategy. Educated at Appalachian State, Minnesota State, and the University of Oregon, John earned a Ph. D. in Leisure Studies and Services from the University of Oregon in 1989.
“We are committed to providing you a high-quality management education supported by a progressive series of practical, applied, and experiential learning opportunities while immersed in one of the world’s premier tourism destination. The TIM School is committed to graduating future leaders deeply rooted in Aloha culture, who are innovative, ethical, analytical, entrepreneurial, whose ventures are prepared to succeed in a competitive and rapidly evolving marketplace.”
My Personal Mission Statement
My Pledge to Our Students
- For those who lean into your studies, we will support you in finding your niche and developing the skills necessary to succeed in businesses that exist in a competitive and constantly evolving marketplace.
My Pledge to Our Faculty, Staff & Adjuncts
- To promote a collegial and fun-loving environment; one where we take our work seriously, but not our selves so seriously.
- Empower and support to the extent possible excellence in teaching, scholarship and service that is aligned with the T.I.M. School’s mission.
My Pledge to Our Industry Partners
- To graduate students who are committed, ready to work, and capable of rising to leadership roles with organizations.
- To produce and disseminate unbiased research that address issues related to business performance and destination stewardship.
John C. Crotts, Ph.D.