Shidler College Video Competition
External Relations Office
Contest Launch: March 1, 2022
Closing Date of Contest: March 27, 2022
Contest is limited to currently enrolled students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Shidler College of Business. Students are asked to submit a 61-120 second video answering one of the below questions:
- “How has Shidler College helped you in your professional development (i.e. internships, jobs, networking, etc.)?”
- “What do you love about going to school in Hawaii at the Shidler College of Business?”
Video to be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Students who submit video clips to the email address provided will be entered to win one of the various prize giveaways.
Prizes are listed as follows:
- “Dean’s Choice” - 1st place: $100 gift card to Amazon; 2nd place: $50 gift card to Amazon
- “Professional Development” - 1st place: $100 gift card to Amazon; 2nd place: $50 gift card to Amazon
- “Popular Vote” on @ShidlerCollege Instagram - 1st place: $100 gift card to Amazon; 2nd place: $50 gift card to Amazon
- SUBMISSION PROCESS
Submit video clip by March 27, 2022, 11:59 pm HST to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use file drop service. We will not share your contact information without your permission.
- PRIZE GIVEAWAY PROCESS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 27, 2022, 11:59 pm HST
WINNERS DECIDED: April 6, 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZE WINNERS: April 8, 2022
All students who submit videos via email will be entered to win one of six (6) prizes. Submissions can win 1st or 2nd prize in one of the following categories: Dean’s Choice, Professional Development and Popular Vote.
Videos will be submitted to a panel for judging, as well as posted on Shidler College’s Instagram for a “Popular Vote.”
- JUDGING PROCESS
JUDGING BEGINS: March 30, 2022
ANNOUNEMENT OF WINNER: April 8, 2022
Judging: Several of the best video clips will be selected by a panel consisting of the Dean’s Office, External Relations Office, Office of Internships and Career Services and will be used in Shidler College’s marketing, beginning April 8, 2022.
- Dean’s Choice – the Dean’s Office will decide on their favorite two video submissions.
- Professional Development – the Office of Internships and Career Services will decide on their favorite two video submissions.
- Popular Vote – videos will be posted to Shidler College’s Instagram (@ShidlerCollege), where followers can vote for their “favorite.” The two videos with the most “likes” will win this category.
- PUBLICITY CONSENT
By participating, all participants grant the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Shidler College of Business exclusive permission to have their likeness viewed by the public and to have video footage used in future promotional and communication pieces. Student participants also agree that the organizers have final discretion on all matters related to this project.
All entries must be appropriate for all audiences. Any reference to sex, drugs, or violence will not be accepted and any video that includes content deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene, as determined by the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Shidler College of Business, in their sole discretion, will not be eligible. Entrants represent and warrant that the (i) videos they submit: are their own original creations and do not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights; (ii) they have obtained permission, if applicable, from the people featured in the video; (iii) the submission of the idea will not violate any enforceable agreements or understandings submitter has with any third party. If for any reason the entrant accidentally or purposefully violates any of the above (i, ii or iii) he/she will indemnify The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Shidler College of Business. Grant of Rights in Video(s) Submitted: Submission of a video constitutes the irrevocable right to The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, Shidler College of Business of all rights in the video, all rights to use, copy, sublicense, edit, modify, make derivative works, publish, exploit, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the contents of and elements in the video, in whole or in part, in perpetuity in any and all media without limitation, and without consideration or acknowledgment to the entrant and the unconditional right to use the idea and statements about the video for advertising/publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.