The Distance Learning Executive MBA — Health Care Management Track is an option that provides a unique insight into the health sector, which is undergoing transformational growth and change. The track combines a dynamic and rigorous MBA core business curriculum with health care-focused electives to prepare students for successful and rewarding careers.
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Fall | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum||
Fall | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum and
|Spring | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum||Spring | Shidler EMBA curriculum and
Capstone - Health Care focused consulting practicum
|Summer | Health Care Management Track electives|
Health Care Management Track Electives
Elective courses supplement the core class experience and enhance understanding of the health care industry. Examples of elective courses include:
- FIN 688 - Healthcare Financial Management
- MGT 688 - Health Policy, Systems, and the Legal Environment
- ITM 688 - Management of Health Information Technology and Population Health
- HRM 688 - Human Resources Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- MKT 688 - Patient Centered Communication Management in Health Care Organizations
- Understand the dynamic landscape of the medical industry.
- Ability to cultivate new initiatives that will have a broad impact on business and society.
- Gain insight from experienced health care executives to enhance the program curriculum and learning opportunities.
- Master theory and practice through discussions with health care leaders and the analysis of real case studies.
- Demonstrate business acumen as a member of a consulting team assigned to implement a strategic project for a health care organization.
Distance Learning EMBA - Health Care Management Track to Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Pathway
- Designed for nurses seeking Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degrees
- Both programs can be completed in three (3) years, which is two years of the EMBA curriculum and one year of DNP curriculum
- Integrates core business principles with the Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advance Nursing Practice to develop one's leadership roles in healthcare organization
- To learn more about this pathway, please visit: https://nursing.hawaii.edu/nursing-graduate/doctor-of-nursing-practice/post-masters-in-organizational-leadership/
Director, Executive Degree Programs
Executive Education Center