On this page:
- How to apply
- Transfer courses from other universities (if any)
- Link to the application
This page is for students transfering to Manoa from another UH System campus (i.e., UH Community College, UH West Oahu, UH Hilo).
Applying to Shidler is a 2-step process:
1. Gain admission to UH Mānoa
- Fill out the general UH application form online or download it at the UH Admissions & Records website.*
- Complete all additional requirements such as transferring transcripts from any post-secondary institution(s), pay the application fee, etc. Information on the transfer admission process can be found here.
- Please refer to the Admissions website for general application deadlines.
- If you have any questions please contact Admissions and Records at email@example.com or (808) 956-8975.
*UH Community College transfer students may be eligible for (a) Automatic Admission (application fee waived) to UH Mānoa after completion of an Associate degree or (b) the Ka‘ie‘ie program. Please see your respective advisor or counselor about these transfer options, or contact the UH Mānoa Admissions office.
2. Then apply for admission to Shidler College of Business if you have met the admissions requirements (or will meet them at the end of the current semester)
- By the deadline (see below), complete the online Shidler application
- If you are eligible to transfer to UH Mānoa but have not yet met the requirements to apply to Shidler [e.g., you are transferring as a sophomore, or you are missing some required courses], you could still start at UH Mānoa as an Exploratory Business ("pre-business") student, then apply to Shidler separately in a future semester when you have completed the requirements.
Shidler admits qualified transfer students for both fall and spring semesters.
|Semester of desired admission to Shidler||Priority & International Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Fall||March 1||April 1|
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
*Please verify application deadlines at the UH Mānoa Admissions website.
Accounting Course Updates
UH Mānoa has updated the ordering of topics taught in its Accounting courses, which is reflected in the course titles:
- ACC 200 (Introduction to Accounting I)
- ACC 210 (Introduction to Accounting II)
As a a result: Do not mix 200-level Accounting courses between Manoa and the UH CCs
- If you have already taken ACC 201 (financial accounting) and/or ACC 202 (managerial accounting) from a UH System Community College, do not enroll in 200-level accounting courses at Mānoa. If you are currently enrolled in ACC 201 at a UH CC, you would need to complete ACC 202 at a UH CC.
- If you have completed ACC 201 (financial accounting) and ACC 202 (managerial accounting) with a grade of "C" or higher, you have fulfilled the admissions requirements for ACC. Do not take Manoa's 200-level Accounting courses.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On the admissions requirements page, you see that a Speech class is required. If you are at a UH Community College, your equivalent speech courses are SP 151 and SP 251 (COMG is a department only found at Manoa)
For a complete list of the courses required for graduation, please refer to Shidler’s Curriculum and Degree Requirements.
- Course equivalencies: Students can check the unofficial transfer credit course equivalencies between their home institution and UH Mānoa. It is recommended that students in the process of transferring plan their schedules in advance to ensure they will be able to receive equivalent Mānoa credits.
- General education: Students can also check the articulation of their transfer courses on the UH General Education Transfer and Articulation Website.
- AP/IB/CLEP credits: Students who have received AP, CLEP, or IB credit in the past can submit a copy of their scores to the University of Hawaii at Mānoa for review. UH Mānoa grants waivers and/or credits on the basis of scores received on the CEEB Advanced Placement Examinations. Please note that credits for AP exams do not count toward the 24 credit requirement for admission as a transfer student.
Special note: Transfer students who meet all admission criteria and have earned an Associate degree from a UH Community College will be admitted as having fulfilled the UH Mānoa general education core (foundation/diversification) requirements. Admission criteria to specific programs may vary. The student should consult with an advisor or counselor for more information.
Apply for a Shidler BBA major
The link to apply is only available at certain times of year (see Deadlines). Shidler accepts applicants for either fall or spring.
I.To Schedule an appointment with the admissions advisor: https://shidler.hawaii.edu/undergraduate/advising/prospective
II. For more general questions about Shidler, you may contact the Office of Student Academic Services:
Shidler College of Business
2404 Maile Way
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 956-8215 or (808) 956-4869
III. If you are taking/took coursework outside the UH system, you may contact the Office of Admissions for questions regarding the status of transferred credits.
Office of Admissions
Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services Room 001