Transfer Students (UH System)

How to Apply

If you are transferring to UH Mānoa, planning to pursue a second bachelor’s degree, or listed as an unclassified UH Mānoa student, then you must follow the general application process for University of Hawai’i at Mānoa admissions. Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree in business are not eligible to be admitted to Shidler College of Business.

Applying to Shidler is a 2-step process:

1. Gain admission to UH Mānoa

  • Fill out the general UH application form online or download it at the UH Admissions & Records website.*
  • Complete all additional requirements such as transferring transcripts from any post-secondary institution(s), pay the application fee, etc. Information on the transfer admission process can be found here.
  • Please refer to the Admissions website for general application deadlines.
  • If you have any questions please contact Admissions and Records at or (808) 956-8975.

*UH Community College transfer students may be eligible for Automatic Admission (application fee waived) to UH Mānoa after completion of an Associate degree. UH System Community College transfer students also have the option of applying through the Ka‘ie‘ie program to transfer to UH Mānoa as well. Please see your respective advisor or counselor about these transfer options, or contact the UH Mānoa Admissions office.


2. Then apply for admission to Shidler College of Business if you have met the admissions requirements (or will meet them at the end of the current semester)

  • By the deadline (see below), complete the online Shidler application
  • If you are eligible to transfer to UH Mānoa but have not yet met the requirements to apply to Shidler [e.g., you are transferring as a sophomore, or you are missing some required courses], you could still start at UH Mānoa as an Exploratory Business ("pre-business") student, then apply to Shidler separately in a future semester when you have completed the requirements.



Shidler admits qualified transfer students for both fall and spring semesters.

Semester of desired admission to Shidler Priority & International Deadline Final Deadline
Fall March 1 April 1
Spring October 1 November 1

*Please verify application deadlines at the UH Mānoa Admissions website.


Accounting Course Updates

UH Mānoa has updated the ordering of topics taught in its Accounting courses, which is reflected in the course titles:

  • ACC 200 (Introduction to Accounting I)
  • ACC 210 (Introduction to Accounting II)

As a a result: Do not mix 200-level Accounting courses between Manoa and the UH CCs

  • If you have already taken ACC 201 (financial accounting) and/or ACC 202 (managerial accounting) from a UH System Community College, do not enroll in 200-level accounting courses at Mānoa. If you are currently enrolled in ACC 201 at a UH CC, you would need to complete ACC 202 at a UH CC. 
  • In STAR, if your transfer evaluation reflects equivalency for ACC 201 (financial accounting) and ACC 202 (managerial accounting) with a grade of "C" or higher, you have fulfilled the admissions requirements for ACC. Do not take Manoa's 200-level Accounting courses.

If you have any questions, please email


Transfer Credit Equivalencies and Articulations

For a complete list of the courses required for graduation, please refer to Shidler’s Curriculum and Degree Requirements.

  • Course equivalencies: Students can check the unofficial transfer credit course equivalencies between their home institution and UH Mānoa. It is recommended that students in the process of transferring plan their schedules in advance to ensure they will be able to receive equivalent Mānoa credits.
  • General education: Students can also check the articulation of their transfer courses on the UH General Education Transfer and Articulation Website.
  • AP/IB/CLEP credits: Students who have received AP, CLEP, or IB credit in the past can submit a copy of their scores to the University of Hawaii at Mānoa for review. UH Mānoa grants waivers and/or credits on the basis of scores received on the CEEB Advanced Placement Examinations. Please note that credits for AP exams do not count toward the 24 credit requirement for admission as a transfer student.

Special note: Transfer students who meet all admission criteria and have earned an Associate degree from a UH Community College will be admitted as having fulfilled the UH Mānoa general education core (foundation/diversification) requirements. Admission criteria to specific programs may vary. The student should consult with an advisor or counselor for more information.



Students may also contact the Shidler Office of Student Academic Services (OSAS) for further information or to schedule an advising appointment. Please see the OSAS site for prospective students to see the latest office hours.

Office of Student Academic Services
Shidler College of Business A-202
(808) 956-8215

Don’t get lost! Click here for a printable campus map.


Students looking to transfer credits from outside institutions may contact the Office of Admissions for questions regarding the status of their transferred credits.

Office of Admissions
Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services Room 001
(808) 956-8975